ZOOM INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARTICIPANTS
GENERAL TIPS FOR PARTICIPANTS
BASIC MEETING STRUCTURE:
- 15 minutes before the meeting: The host will start the designated Zoom meeting. Before starting the program, host and co-host answer participants’ questions if they had problems in connecting. They will will continue this task during the meeting too.
- 1 minute before the meeting: The host will start the recording and introduces the program.
- Beginning of the Program: The host will introduce the presenter and the program will be presented by the presenter.
ROLES IN A MEETING:
- Each meeting will have a host, a co-host, a presenter and participants.
- Host: The user that scheduled the meeting is the only one who can start it. He or she helps participants solve their technical problems (NAME: Host *).
- Co-host: This person helps participants solve their technical problems and will be the host if host faced a problem and had to leave. (NAME: Co-host *).
- Presenter: The speaker(s) of the program.
- Participants: Other users who join the meeting.
DETAILED ZOOM GUIDE FOR PARTICIPANTS
INITIAL ZOOM SETUP:
If you are using a PC or laptop you have this option to install Zoom software or join meetings using your browser. But on a smart phone you must install the Zoom app. In using Zoom via browser, registration in Zoom software/app or website is not necessary for joining meetings.
In some countries, participants may need to enable their VPN before installing Zoom software/app or joining meetings.
HOW TO JOIN THE MEETING:
You can find the Zoom link of all events in the festival’s website (www.tiemf.com) on the relevant day.
Click on the Zoom button under the events to join the meeting.
You have to insert the pass code of the meeting. The pass code for most of the meetings is TIEMF2020.
For some events that registration was required (like workshops), you need to insert a unique pass code before joining the meeting. This pass code will be sent to you if you have registered.
If you are joining the meeting before the host has started it, please wait in the lobby until the host starts the meeting.
DURING THE MEETING:
HOW TO ASK QUESTIONS
You can click on the zoom chat icon to enable the chat panel on the side-panel on the right of the Zoom window (if not shown). You can join the discussion with other attendees by sending messages to “Everyone” or you can chat privately with the host or co-host by selecting their name from the drop down list. You can ask your questions during the meeting by posting it on the chat panel.
At the end of each meeting in the Q&A time you can also raise your hand by clicking Reactions. By this, the host enables your microphone so you can ask your question.